Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Reunion

My reunion with Gym didn't go as well as hoped. Being as timely as I am, it bothered me that I arrived a little late. I already knew I would be late because I was going straight from work but I felt guilty for being tardy regardless (tisk, tisk). Once I got dressed and was ready to go, I jumped right in. No warm up. No stretching. No small talk. We just picked up where we left as if there was no passing of time.

The fact that I was already tired when I got there didn't help matters for me either. I quickly began thinking that meeting Gym after working a 12.5 hour graveyard shift wasn't the brightest idea I've had. But what the hell, I was already there right?  Gym had no mercy on me. Within the first five minutes I was spent. My leg were burning and I was gasping for air but he was relentless. He didn't care that I'd been gone for so long. He pushed and pushed knowing I'd work through the pain and I did. He was right all along. There must be a method to his madness.

After a short break, Gym and I went at it again. I didn't fare as well this time. Muay Thai after strength and conditioning is always a challenge. This time it was much worse since I'm extremely out of shape. There was a lot more cardio involved so I had to keep sucking on my inhaler because I haven't been taking my asthma meds lately (tisk, tisk again).

Despite how awful I felt, I pushed through the pain and exhaustion because two new girls in class were flirting with my man. No one and I do mean no one, was going to make me look bad in front of Gym. I secretly laughed at their sissy punches and kicks. Seriously, those girls couldn't fight three-year olds and win. As you can tell, I am a bit jealous and terratorial. I can't help it. I'm accustomed to being the HBIC (Head Bitch In Charge).

I hope my roundezvous with Gym tonight is much better than the last. I'm sure that we the passing of time, our relationship with continue to improve. Until then, I just need to do the work and tough it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment